Saturday, February 13, 2010

EB New year swap - part 1: look at this!!!

Wow - Jack and I were the lucky, lucky people who got a wonderful gift from Susan. She was a bit sneaky by not putting her name anywhere, even on the card, but I'm an efficient blog stalker so she hasn't tricked me!

I know everyone was drooling over the sneak peek she posted weeks ago and now I can show you how wonderful the whole thing is!

This was a 'mystery swap'. We had to provide a list of three things for our partner to chose from. This was a bit hard for me because there wasn't really anything I really, really wanted to have made for me. I just started writing a list and kept adding to it as I thought of things. I figured that my partner would be able to pick something she really liked making without too much pressure. In hindsight I probably made it much harder for her to choose something - there were about twenty things on the list in the end!

Firstly our wrapped parcels - one for Jack and one for me.


This is the lovely embroidery that was featured in Susan's sneak peek. She made it into a drawstring bag and it will make a perfect library bag. I've been thinking about making one for Jack for some time but now I don't have to! And how cute is the monkey!
Hiding away inside the bag was Mitch the monkey.
He is made from fleece fabric and Susan has done an amazing job. Check out his ears and his adorable face.
Mitch was very well recieved here - I'm not sure how Susan and her boys managed to let him go. I had quite few hugging photos but Jack had his eyes closed in all of them so I finally got one of Mitch 'driving' the bike. He is now outside helping Jack and Dad pick tomatoes, and hasn't left Jack's side since he was liberated from his wrapping.

And as a bonus there were a few goodies packaged up for me. Yes, that is Jack's little hand trying to pilfer the peanut butter rocky road while I was taking the photo. He was very good and put it straight in the fridge for 'later'.

Thankyou so much Susan. This has been a wonderful package to open!

5 comments:

Emma said...

Wow! What a great parcel!!!! Love the monkey, it looks like a store brought one!!!! The bag is great too and the embroidered monkey is awesome!!!!!

Mel said...

Lovely :) A parcel full of fun and surprises! And one ... VERY HAPPY looking little boy! :) Susan did a gorgeous job! :) Enjoy! Mel xox

Unknown said...

Oh wow that monkey is simply gorgeous! It really does look store bought, beautiful! Great bag too :)

Purple Paisley Patch said...

What a great swap parcel to receive. The library bag is gorgeous, but my heart belongs to Mitch. I sooooo WANT that monkey. I don't blame Jack for keeping him close by his side, you wouldn't want to lose a lovely friend like that! :-)

Beetlehouse Designs said...

OMG! That is the cutest monkey. Susan - you did a fantastic job.